- Junior Epee Class Winter Schedule
The class schedule for the Junior Epee Program for the Winter 2020 semester.
- 2019-2020 Competition Schedule
A listing of competitions in the Capitol, Maryland, and Virginia Divisions as well as regional and national tournaments.
- Explanation of Competition Schedule
A description of the listing of competitions and the types of competitions in the 2019-2020 fencing season.
- Age Requirements for 2019-2020 Season
A chart showing the age requirements for all age categories.
- SafeSport-Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policies
US Center for SafeSport & USA Fencing’s protection policies.
- Qualification Paths to National Events
A chart published by US Fencing showing the various qualification paths to national events.
- How to Qualify to 2020 Summer Nationals & July Challenge
Information published by fencingparents.org.
- Penalty Chart
Penalty chart (August 2019).
- US Fencing Rules
Fencing rules book (August 2019).
- Fencing Vocabulary
A list of terms used in the fencing classes.
- Foil Class Handout
Information on the sport of fencing from US Fencing Association and biography of Fencing Master Raymond Finkleman.
- Chevy Chase Fencing Club World Championship & Olympic Team Members
A listing of CCFC fencers who have competed in World Championships, Pan Am Games and Olympics.
- Chevy Chase Fencing Club National Medalists
A listing of CCFC fencers who have won national medals.
- The Lateral Boundary of the Strip
A document published by the Fencing Officials Commission explaining how to apply the rules about going off the side of the fencing strip.
- Referee Hand Signals
Photos and description of the hand signals used by fencing referees.
- The Three Weapons
A document published by the US Fencing Association explaining the three weapons: foil, epee and sabre.
- Repechage Chart
A flowchart of repechage from a complete table of 32 or 16.
- 2019-2020 Athlete’s Handbook
Athlete’s Handbook (2019-08-07).
- Refereeing Handbook
A handbook to explain the roles of the fencing referee.
- Primer for Referees on Medical Issues
A description of the rules for an injury or cramp 5-minute timeout. Note: rule has been changed from a 10-minute to a 5-minute timeout.
- What is an Attack?
A document published by the Fencing Officials Commission explaining the attack in the right-of-way weapons (foil & sabre).
- Unwillingness to Fight FAQ
A document published by the FIE explaining the new rule that replaces the Non-combativity rule (February 2019).
- American Fencing Magazine, Unwillingness to Fight Article
An article in the Winter 2020 American Fencing Magazine about the passivity rule (now called “unwillingness to fight”) in fencing.
- Rules Commission Blog re. Unwillingness to Fight Implentation
A blog post published by the Fencing Officials Commission explaining the Unwillingness to Fight rule (February 2019).
- US Fencing Announcement of Unwillingness to Fight Rule
US Fencing’s announcement that Unwillingness to Fight will replace Non-combativity starting February 14, 2019.
- Wiring Epees – How to Connect the Wires
A document published by the Fencing Officials Commission explaining legal and illegal ways of attaching the epee wires to the socket inside the epee guard.
- Information on Youth Direct Elimination Formats
A document published by the Fencing Officials Commission explaining the recent change to youth direct elimination formats.
- Basics of Competition
A document published by the US Fencing Association about fencing competitions, right-of-way, and what to watch as a spectator.
- Information for Parents
A document published by the US Fencing Association for parents of fencers.
- Fun Fencing Facts
A document published by the US Fencing Association.
- The Rules of College Recruiting
An article by Fencing Master Laurie Schiller, Northwestern University, published in American Fencing Magazine in 2011.
- Vital Statistics on Colleges with NCAA Fencing Teams
An analysis of all of the NCAA teams published by fencingparents.org.